3/31/2010

Day 85 - "She is not sick. She is a dancer"

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

I ... cried when I hear it.

Sir. Robinson talked about something we already thought, but could not express
because of, I felt, being afraid of this;
"It can be useless thought"


When I was in middle school, teachers taught us
"Art is useless"
And they continued, "Only looser will go to art school"

I heard it from many people;
"Only wealthy people can study playing instrument"
"Dancers, Theater people, and animation artists are starving."
So, would you want to be that hungry people with craziness?


Yes, there are.
Math, English, Science ....
and down there, Physical Edu., Art, Music, Drama, and dance.

Of course, Art has hierarchy, too.
Music (think about Julliard),
Fine Art
Film (these days, it is popular)
Drama
Dance
... and Could somebody include "Avant-Garde art", please?


I hope to have those kind of doctor in our schools.
I wish to be like that doctor.
But if I say same comments to her parents as a drama teacher,
would they listen to me?

I've met so many creative children in America.
But they(and their parents) don't know how much they are talented.
And I cannot guarantee million dollars for them although they are gifted in the art.

They are so many starving genius artists in our world.
And we don't know how to support them.
Weren't there so many starving genius in history?

Do we have answer to nurture another Shakespeare, Mozart, and Martha Graham?

I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment