3/24/2010

Day 78 - Learning from Miles davis "Kind of blue"

Three things (note)


1.     Detach comfortable or safe career to Craft more interesting future
2.     Simplicity – gives freedom and improvisation
3.     Provoking manager

“Jumping to next S-curve”
flat bottom – steep middle- flat top
another s-curve

abandon past success – in the pursuit of something new – Picasso

“willing to disappoint their trust on old fans”

push musicians “to the edge” effectively manage the risks

turn 180 degree to simplicity

 
What I could make based on what we learned today?

1.
My comfort zone
- acting, Korean, family, school, surviving in class, America, Korea, Christian


My goal
- English, Teaching, field theatre (not school), field acting (movie), Different race and culture

2.
Complicated things in my life
-Home works everyday (class), farther-husband, student

What can be simple?
What I practice… Song, Language, body …
Choose one? Body maybe?

3.
Provoke

What do I need to provoke? Self? How? Body…. Muscle and health … food
By whom, I am provoked? Wife?
What does she say? Find a job in teaching in the US.
Teaching…

"I am good at Acting. I am talented at performing. They are my comfort zone.
Korean is my language and country,and I lived on the land of the USA for almost 7 years, so this land is now my comfort zone. Is it time to leave to another country?

Space?

How about career? Actor  to teacher ? Director or writer? Or publisher?
Who do I work with? Some famous artists? Anthony Hopkins, Bill Murray

What do I want? Acting, teaching? Directing? .... Teaching again?"

Out of blue.. 
Where I think? /Europe - England
What do I think? Teaching in elementary school
Theatre? yes
Can I go alone? yes without family. 
Who do I want to meet? Peter O'Toole, Anthony Hopkins, 
the British actor who played Alfee ... 










No comments:

Post a Comment