3/17/2010

Journal Prompt #5 - Design Thinking

"How people would want use what he made"

What can be the goal form me in this class - Creative Thinking?

As a student who learn so many things about Theatre
I didn't have a chance to speculate how to sell it.

But I found "An actor should be in audition" or maybe "An actor needs agent"
The education that I've been through only focused on "what to sell" and "how to build it"

Now, as Edison did, I need to think "How people would want to use what I made"

1. Inspiration
Expect Success ... 

All right, I will be a major film actor. Who can inspires me?
John Cho...?

John Cho inspires me. He is a Korean,
and becomes a main actor in an ABC TV show.

"What's my problem compared to John Cho?
"Where's opportunity?
"What has changed?

- My problem is staying at home and
just dreaming "somebody would find me and
hire me in any film or theatre production"
I need to go out and meet people in the business.
- My other problem is looking at me as an ASIAN.
Yes, I have accent and Asian blood, but it can be rather my strength,
but I diminish my possibility.

- Where's opportutnity?
Agent? Maybe? Or working many student production?
Going out and run more and more?

- What has changed?
I am able to look at people's eyes.
I can convey my ideas in English. Now, my Acting is better than before.

2. Ideation
Brainstorm  

"Make Prototypes - many sketches, more stories, more audition materials...."
Who can be my role model? Or Who can I be like?

Daniel Dae Kim ...?

Daniel Dae Kim doesn't speak English at all in LOST.
So... don't worry ... I just need to improve how to communicate better. It is more communication skill not English grammar.


He graduated from NYU Tisch MFA Acting.
I graduated from NYU Tisch, too. (but not acting but Performance Studies MA)


He has small eyes as I have.
Uhm... but he has bigger muscles.
OK! I will have them!
What else I need?







3. Implementation

Execute the Vision
"Help marketing.
Design a communication strategy."

How can I make people need me?
Do I need to be different? I am already different.
Uhm...

"Make the case to the business - spread the word"

I need to spread the word - meet many people ....
or meet influential people ...

Will it work? Expect Success again.

No comments:

Post a Comment