4/07/2010

Day 92 - Carmen on market place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds8ryWd5aFw

Brilliant!

When I was in NYC, I thought about "why no opera singers on the street?"
There were violinists, dancers, drummers on the streets except opera singers.
But now I see them in Italy!

1. How did reach them?

In the market, there were many tourists I saw.
And there were many people who seemed never went to Opera theatre before.
Normal people in our market.
So, it can be a good place to meet new audience.

2.Did reach them?

It was like invisible theatre.
The singers didn't put on theatrical costumes.
They just looked like one of workers in the market.
And they came out with singing.
It was brilliant idea!

(Speakers were on the roof of the market,
and the singers had mic. on the shirts. ....)

But I still doubt how many "normal people" would come to the opera.
Yes, the tourists would go there.
But ....

I value this performance as itself,
but I still doubt its outcome in the theatre.

3. Creative ? Kitchy?

Creative.
Especially, when a new character came into the show.
and when they danced with audience.
It was nice.
I can see their face with joyfulness.
That's why I thought I was a great performance itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment