4/14/2010

Day 98 - Rock your boat

I went to a Soprano solo concert with my family.
MeeAe Nam; a new faculty in School of Music and Dance


With my two boys,
it was hard to stay long because she is a classical musician and
my sons do not like the classical music.

Two things bothered them most;
1) The language
2) Tempo or beat

Her voice was beautiful enough, but I could not follow the meaning,
but I saw how she expressed her emotion through the voice music.


It was not a drama, but dramatic somehow.
Everyone in the suditorium seemed to enjoy her voice except my sons.

I thought about the importance of traditional or calssical music.
Although not many people enjoyed that type of music,
it should be learned and kept.
There was beauty in the sound that contemporary music cannot make. 
It's like buying the expensive Grand Piano although we have so many inexpensive digital piano.



Digital era sometimes cannot contain some aesthetic of the analog (or classical).
They only seem to record and re-play it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment