2/24/2010

Day 50 - Capture, Challenge, and Broaden it!


·        Capturing  - How do we capture new ideas?  Journaling, collaborating, reflecting, experience new “rock your boat” activities

Idea? Uhm ... Everyday, I practice; singing, dancing, and acting. I learned a lot those painful practice procedures. But I am sure if I could call it idea. In my notion, idea is closer to brain work, not physical work. Anyway, I got many things by practice. 

1) I go to gym everyday, and find what kind of workout is good for performer. I don't lift dumbbells although I am skinny. I always strengthen my feet, ankle, calf, hamstring, and abdominal muscles. I believe those muscles help stage performer to stand straight and move well. 

2) I record my voice to digital recorder. I hope to speak English better and better, and I found practicing vowel sound is more important than consonants. Vowel defines regional accent. 

3) For singing, I found loosening my lips and jaws is the most important. 


·        Challenging – Ideas occur when old and new compete.  The process of discovery is critical to creativity – what about failure, extinction or evolution?  How do you allow personal or organizational failures? 

1)  After sickness, I found I need to have strong legs, and abs. I tried to have big upper body like Hollywood actors. Big Deltoids (shoulder), Pectoralis major (chest), and biceps & triceps (arms) are symbol of Hollywood men. I am not. I am more mime artist or dancer. I wish to look good, but I don't need it.  

2) For improving English, I used to emphasize every consonant in every word. At that time, I didn't have voice recorder. I practiced until full memorized. But it sounded awful.

3) For singing, I tended to practice only singing higher. I am baritone, but after practicing, now I can go to Bb. However, the sound was not clean, and sometime it was off-note. So, I turned down volume and loosened everything in my mouth.

 
·        Broadening/Surrounding – How do increase creative stimuli in your life?  Are you selective?  Do you consider where your most creative places and moments are and why?

1) How do I increase ...? Keep going to the gym, and perform some movements I couldn't do before. Sometimes, I look at mirror to see how beautiful my body is (hahaha). Where ... and when ... ? On the stage, in class ... ? Maybe. How about Youtube? I keep thinking about broadening my performance in Youtube. 

2) I just need to keep recording my voice. I thought about mimic great actors such as Peter O'toole, Richard Harris ... etc. Or taking auditions and being in production. 

3) I thought about my concert. I am taking Cabaret singing class, and it is really enjoyable. Maybe after Spring semester, I could have Big Fire's concert? Maybe. It could stimulate my creativity.  


No comments:

Post a Comment