2/24/2010

Day 50 - Seven Ways to be Creative

I am taking classes at EMU.
And I found the goal of classes is defined by teacher's strength or perspective to the subject.

Last semester, I took "Personal Narrative" class before with Decky.
Her focus is "verbal" performance. (Thanks, God for she is a performer.)
So, She cares how to communicate with voice (with meaning and written words)

This Winter, I am taking "Personal Narrative" with Anita.
She is talented at physical performing, but I cannot tell she is a performer, but she is a scholar.
And her focus is "linguistic". So, written words seemed to be close to her.

Two years ago, I took "Personal Narrative" class with Anna Deavere Smith.
She is a professional performer or actor.
In her class, written materials are not important.
She only cared how to convey the words, emotion, and the weight of materials.
"How" was more important than "what" or "why".
And her focus was not only verbal but also kinesthetic, and I liked her way.  


Who am I?
and how can I teach?

No comments:

Post a Comment